Global Initiative for Children's Surgery 3rd Meeting
Vellore, India 12/13th January 2018
We are delighted to announce that our 3rd GICS Meeting will be in Vellore, India, 12/13th January 2018.
What to expect:
- An opportunity for children's surgeons, anaesthetists, allied health professionals and international children's surgery organisations from across the world to network and form working partnerships aimed at improving access to safe, affordable children's surgery in low resource settings.
- A road map for implementation of the Optimal Resources for Children's Surgery recommendations.
- Discussions on developing National Surgical Plans incorporating children's surgery; Geospatial mapping of access to children's surgery; global research collaborations for neonatal and children's surgery.
- Workshops focused on establishing bellwether procedures for neonatal and children's surgery.
- Specialty specific workshops.
- International organisations are invited to participate. GICS II included talks from the World Health Organisation and the International Committee of the Red Cross.
And much more....
Please find a link to the GICS III Conference invitation here for further details on the registration fee.
For further information or to confirm attendance please email:
We encourage children's surgical organisations from all specialties to attend and to help fund one or more delegates from low resource settings to attend. All participating organisations will be listed on our partners page.
Please support delegates from low resource settings to attend the meeting through donating here