The Harvard Program in Global Surgery and Social Change website has a comprehensive list of resources for the development of National Surgical, Obstetrics, and Anesthesia Plans. Their webpage includes resources used in NSOAP planning in Ethiopia, Zambia, Nigeria, and Tanzania.
Additional resources available include:
- Strategizing national health in the 21st century
- Surgical care systems strengthening: Developing national surgical, obstetric and anaesthesia plans
- Template for a national surgical plan
- Surgical assessment tool (adult)
- Surgical assessment tool (children): Click here for an online version of the Children’s Surgical Assessment Tool (CSAT)
- Anaesthesia facilities assessment tool
See the GICS OReCS page for further resources that can be used as guides for standard of care at each level of health care delivery.
An interesting read...
Mukhopadhyay S, Lin Y, Mwaba P, et al (2017) Implementing World Health Assembly Resolution 68.15: National surgical, obstetric, and anesthesia strategic plan development–the Zambian experience. Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons 102:28-35